Few months ago, a friend of mine @florpeliere started to work on progressives web apps.
First, I was intrigued, but not that much.
Then he gave us a talk about them, and I started to realise the potential of this concept.
Well, it is not a huge change, it is something which is used for a while; but now, there is a name on it and an official specification.
A web app on my phone, with offline data, ok but what kind of app ?
So I decided to develop an example of Progressive Web App using Ember.js.
For the behaviour I decided to make a blog. I think that it could be nice when you like a blog, to have it offline when you are in the subway.
- Be able to read offline
- Fetching and caching full posts when updating the post list
- Nice UI but not necessarily material design (I decided to use the Casper theme from Ghost)
- A frontend using Ember.js
- A backend using Sails
- MongoDB to store data
- Docker in Dev with a docker-compose file
- Docker in prod to push on heroku
(If you are looking for a ssl certificate for your app, go on Let's Encrypt)
- To have a real blog I have to add an admin part to write posts and change settings
- To improve the app shell to avoid the blank page when loading the application
- To write some posts?
The project: Ember Blog
Few screenshots :